Dear League Leaders,
WHEW! The election season is over. I know many of you have worked long and hard to provide forums, debates, registration opportunities in your communities (and took a bit of grief at times as well). But now there is a bit more to do.
As you no doubt know, the main goals of every event are to:
- Welcome non-members
- Provide invitations/opportunities to be involved
- Highlight value membership in the League
- Increase the visibility/profile of LWV
- Identify and engage new leaders
- Did you follow up with the names on your sign in sheet?
- Did you thank your volunteers (even though you are too!) with a call? a note? in your newsletter?
- Remember to restock your materials!
- How do we follow up with other organizations that joined us in the event? Can we find ways to strengthen that relationship?
- Did we ask key members to join?
- Can we advertise our next event through them?
- Did you send out a follow up press release or letter to the editor?
- Did you invite media to the next event?
- Did you send a thank you note the media that attended? (Building new relationships)
- Did you thank Leaders?
- Did you ask what else would make their job easier? (training, resources, volunteers, supplies)
- Did you find any names for the nominating committee?
- Is there a report for the next person to do the event?
- Did you follow up with anyone that you invited?
Thank You! Thank You! ...for all you do!