JOB TITLE: Project Specialist
DURATION: This is a full-time position.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To serve as Project Specialist in the Elections/e-Democracy Department to support its election reform efforts, including issue analysis at the state level, working with Leagues around the country to defend voters’ rights and increase access to the polls, and preparing materials. Reports to Senior Director, Elections/e-Democracy.
Plans and coordinates various state level election reform projects and/or initiatives in conjunction with other staff to include:
Serving as a point of contact with Leagues on the Public Advocacy for Voter Protection (PAVP) project and facilitating a timely exchange of information.
- Drafting and editing materials related to election reform, e.g. fact sheets.
- Working with state and local Leagues to accomplish program goals and to increase their influence at the state level, including providing in-person and online training, strategic planning, developing messaging strategies and other assistance.
- Developing and implementing election reform advocacy strategies.
- Producing status reports for information to staff and Board.
- Maintaining regular contact with League leaders on priority election reform issues.
- Supporting the use of online organizing tools in the PAVP states and other states as needed to support program goals.
- Drafting grant proposals and updates for funders.
- Traveling to targeted states and provide in person training and strategic planning assistance.
- Responding to last minute barriers to voting in an effective and timely fashion.
- Coordinating organizational response to major issues relating to the PAVP project that have national implications.
- Providing strategic and additional assistance to non-PAVP states that are working on PAVP specific issues such as voter ID and proof-of-citizenship requirements.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Some travel required.
- B.A. degree required.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with election reform and election administration at the state and national levels.
- Experience in grassroots or field organizing around issues, preferably with some experience in political organizing.
- Experience in training others in organizing skills a plus.
- Familiarity with Salsa and NGP VAN a plus.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in project implementation.
Submit a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to HumanResources@lwv.org