LWVUS 2010-2012 National Leadership Nominations
The 2010-2012 LWVUS Nominating Committee needs YOU! You can help us find great League members to lead us in 2012-2014 on the LWVUS Board. This national Board will be leading us forward and helping make the League stronger. Our LWVUS leaders have honed their leadership skills beginning as a local league member and we are proud to continue that tradition. You can let us know who you see as the next national leader from your League.
The following are criteria that will be used to evaluate nominees for the 2012-2014 LWVUS Board. Please note that not every successful candidate will have all of the experience or satisfy every item on the list of desired characteristics. Our purpose is to insure that there is a balanced mix of individuals who can work together effectively to further the mission of the League.
- Computer Literacy: Nominees must be comfortable with carrying out League responsibilities largely through e-mail or other electronic means.
- Communication: Nominees must be able to speak, write, and edit as well as to effectively listen to and communicate with all levels of League.
- Financial: Nominees must be able to understand and interpret basic financial information.
- Organizational: Nominees must be able to critically evaluate, successfully plan and execute projects in a timely manner and to manage unscheduled assignments.
A successful nominee needs many of the following:
- Non-profit or business experience relevant to leading the LWVUS
- Leadership experience at other levels of the League.
- Experience at League events such as a state or national convention.
- Knowledge of national governmental issues.
- Participation in successful fund-raising efforts where personal calls to prospective donors are required.
Other Characteristics a successful nominee:
- Have a passion for and great interest in the League of Women Voters.
- Be willing and able to make the time commitments necessary for a board or Nominating Committee Position.
- Demonstrate knowledge and reality about the larger external environment in which all levels of League and other non profits operate and have the ability to visualize the League’s future in that environment.
- Understand the need for flexibility and openness in evaluating and accepting new ideas and to be able to view these from different perspectives.
- Have the ability to participate as a ‘team player’ by respecting the views and ideas of others and have a willingness to compromise on issues if necessary.
If you know someone who would be a great addition to the LWVUS, please use the 2012-2014 LWVUS Nominee Recommendation Form that can be found by clicking here.