LWVUS has reserved a limited number of meeting rooms at the Omni Hotel for local and state League-sponsored caucuses to take place during the 2014 National Convention.
To apply for a caucus space, please read the following instructions and complete this online application form. Direct any questions about caucuses to Vicky Strella, convention manager, at email@example.com, or 202-263-1317.
- The caucus rooms are available during specific time blocks, generally early mornings and evenings, when Plenary is not in session.
- The average room capacity is about 50.
- Caucus rooms will be assigned on a “first come, first served” basis.
- A state or local League may apply to sponsor NO MORE THAN one caucus.
- There is no rental fee for the room itself. All other costs associated with your caucus, such as audio-visual equipment or refreshments, are the responsibility of the sponsoring League.
- If you plan to feature a non-League member as speaker, your application must identify the affiliation of that speaker and the topic of the speech. It is LWVUS policy that any and all outside speakers must be approved by the President.
- The organizer of each caucus accepted for convention must complete and file an Expense and Revenue Reporting form before the start of convention.
By March 7, 2014, you will receive an e-mail from Vicky Strella about the status of your application. If your application is accepted, you will receive:
- a deadline for submission of a caucus title and description for the Convention 2014 program book,
- instructions on submitting an Expense and Revenue Reporting form, and
- a contact at the Omni Hotel to inquire about a/v equipment rates and/or refreshments and how to make arrangements.