The League of Women Voters seeks a driven self-starter with keen decision making skills who can multitask and take initiative to be an Online Content Associate (OCA). The OCA is responsible for helping to develop, write and edit interesting and engaging content and ideas for the League of Women Voters’ website, blogs, email campaigns and social media channels. The OCA will work with colleagues throughout the national organization, and state and local Leagues, to help create innovative content and campaigns to support League initiatives and engage supporters. The OCA will play a critical role in helping to ensure that the League’s online education and advocacy content is relevant and effective. Reports to Senior New Media Manager.
- Assists Senior New Media Manager with planning and conceptualizing content for www.lwv.org, blogs, email campaigns and social networks.
- Work with colleagues from across the organization to conceive, write, and produce content and features for www.lwv.org, blogs, email campaigns and social networks.
- Understand and analyze the news and political environment and ensure that the League is keeping up with rapidly shifting online discussions and traditional media and political cycles, while constantly looking for opportunities for supporter engagement.
- Track, post and distribute news coverage of national, state and local Leagues and issues of interest to staff and organizational leadership.
- Write/edit press releases, speeches, talking points, letters to the editor, editorials, internal documents, online newsletters, and other materials as needed.
- Strive to ensure all online content adheres to League brand and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two to three years of substantial online content experience with news media, political, advocacy and/or non-profit organizations;
- At least two years of online content development and execution knowledge of social media, email marketing and the tools that accompany it;
- Expertise in the current best practices in online communications, including understanding of search-engine optimization and the technical elements of online communications;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, especially for digital platforms;
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines;
- Competency in basic computer software, web-based database programs and the technical elements of online communications.
- Experience with HTML, Drupal, Salsa and/or other eCRMs and content management systems is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree. Major in communications, political science, or a related field is a plus.
This is an exempt position.
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter, resume, 3 short (1-3 pages) writing samples and salary requirement to Kelli Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phonecalls please. Applications accepted until position is filled.