In the spirit of cooperation with women groups in Cuba, the League of Women Voters of Education Fund and the League of Women Voters of Florida are sponsoring "People to People" trips to Cuba to enable League members to learn about the country’s history, culture and social structure, and forge relationships with civic organizations and academicians at the University of Havana. The League certifies that the trips are in compliance with the license granted by the U.S. Department of the Treasury - Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) pursuant to Section 515.565 (b)(2). All travel arrangements are made through an OFAC- approved service provider.
The first delegation will depart for Cuba from Miami on March 5, returning to Miami on March 11, 2012. The itinerary will be carefully planned to maximize the time in Cuba and topics of discussion will be defined based on interests and final composition of the delegation. The delegation will interact with counterparts and participate in an honest dialogue to understand daily life situations as a method of researching the role of women in Cuban society and explore differences and similarities in a didactic environment.
For more information contact Zaida Arguedas at LWVEF (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Annie Betancourt at LWVFL (email@example.com). Also visit http://thefloridavoter.org/events/sisters-across-the-straits.
GENERAL TRAVEL INFORMATION
- All passengers traveling to Cuba need a valid U.S. passport
- No inoculations are required
- Credit Cards or travel checks drawn from US Banks are not accepted in Cuba
- Price includes round-trip Miami-Havana-Miami, Miami airport tax, Cuban medical coverage, hotel accommodations (6 nights), ground transportation and English speaking guide, travel visas, meals and activities i.e. museum visits
Non-refundable registration fee: $250
Single occupancy: $2,000
Double occupancy: $1,800
- Round-trip airfare from Miami
- Six-night accommodations in first-class hotel
- Full schedule of people-to-people educational exchanges
- Some meals, including six breakfasts and five dinners
- All ground transportation aboard air-conditioned motor coach
- Professional guide (bilingual) plus League group leader
- Thought-provoking exchanges with academics and women leaders
- Visits to museums and historical sites
March 5-11, 2012 (Closed)
April 9-15, 2012
May 14-20, 2012