JOB TITLE: Special Projects Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt / Full Time
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Governance & Vol Engagement
LOCATION: Washington, DC
EFFECTIVE: May 2017
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan membership organization that has operated at the federal, state and local levels for over 90 years. With over 700 local and state affiliates, the League works to improve governance and to increase the public’s engagement with its government. At the national level, League activities are coordinated and staffed by two distinct but complimentary organizations: The League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS) and the League of Women Voters Education Fund.
This position is an integral part of the executive administration team responsible for internal communications support, oversight of affiliate documentation, governance and services, management of interns, and assistance with leadership meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees processes related to establishment of affiliates/chapters
- Assists with grant program for League affiliates
- Serves as primary support staff for some Board Committees, as assigned
- Manages member area of League website
- Assists with internal communications with organization affiliates
- Supports development of and maintenance of operational plan, generating progress reports regularly
- Assists with planning and execution of quarterly board meetings and with annual leadership meetings
- Oversees intern recruitment program
- Manages interns on-site
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- She/he will be a self-starter and can maintain a high degree of professionalism, flexibility, and diplomacy with staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Strong critical thinking skills and demonstrated project management experience are necessary.
- The job requires strong attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to organize work efficiently and to complete tasks within assigned time periods.
- Association and volunteer management experience, required. Governance experience a plus.
- A college degree, plus a minimum of 3-5 years of nonprofit/association experience required.
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office. Office 365 experience a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com